Lawyer in Bonn / Partner of Flick Gocke Schaumburg
Prof. Dr. Dieter Leuering, lawyer in Bonn, bar-certified specialist lawyer for tax law as well as for corporate & commercial law. Partner of the law firm Flick Gocke Schaumburg in Bonn. Director of the Institute for Company Law (IUR) of the Heinrich-Heine-University in Düsseldorf.
* 1970; lawyer since 1998. Military service with the German military police. Law studies at the Universities of Münster and Leipzig. First state examination in August 1995. Subsequently one year as research assistant to Prof. Dr. Helmut Kollhosser, Director of the Institute for Commercial Law at the University of Münster. Doctorate 1996 (Dr. iur.) in insurance group law. From October 1996 legal traineeship with a station abroad. November 1998 second state examination in Düsseldorf.
From December 1998 to August 2004 lawyer with Shearman & Sterling in Düsseldorf and Frankfurt am Main. During this period, for five years the only associate of Georg F. Thoma. Since September 2004 lawyer with Flick Gocke Schaumburg in Bonn, since 2008 partner of the firm. Bar-certified specialist lawyer for tax law as well as for corporate & commercial law.
Honorary professor for commercial law at the law faculty of Heinrich-Heine-University Düsseldorf. Director of the Institute for Company Law (IUR).
Managing Editor of the Neue Zeitschrift für Gesellschaftsrecht (NZG), a leading corporate law journal. Permanent author of the corporate law section of the biweekly NJW Spezial. Author of numerous publications (articles, book contributions and commentaries).
Supervisory and advisory board mandates in various companies, including Volksbank Köln Bonn e.G.
What Claudia Tödtmann, editor of Wirtschaftswoche, wrote about me in April 2020 “over a plate of duck” in her management blog can be found here.
“People become known as experts because they love what they do, because of how passionate they are about their subject matter and those they want to help. You cannot learn that from books or lists, you have to feel it, to believe it.“
How others assess me:
- Rating by Wirtschaftswoche: One of the 89 “best corporate lawyers in Germany” (Issue of 31 May 2019) and one of the 85 “most renowned lawyers in corporate law” (Issue of 15 May 2020)
- Rating of the US publisher Best Lawyers and the German Handelsblatt: One of “Germany’s best lawyers in corporate law” in 2019 and 2020
- JUVE-Handbook: Annual nomination as “frequently recommended lawyer” in both corporate law and M&A
- The JUVE-Handbook quotes: “a great lawyer” – client (2017/2018), “a really good advisor” – client (2018/2019), “proven expertise, trustworthy and reliable co-operation” – competitor (2019/2020) and “very good supporter of annual general meetings” – competitors (2020/2021)
- The Legal 500 Germany 2021 quotes a reference: “Prof. Dr. Dieter Leuering: Quick and uncomplicated solutions. Excellent commercial competence. Absolute expert in commercial and corporate law. Very assertive and negotiating. High level of commitment and closeness to the client.“
- Winner of the Client Choice Awards 2015 in the area of “corporate law Germany“
CORPORATE AND COMMERCIAL LAW
I am a partner of the law firm Flick Gocke Schaumburg Rechtsanwälte Wirtschaftsprüfer Steuerberater Partnerschaft mbB, one of the leading business consulting firms in Germany.
We are among the leading business consulting firms in Germany – but one thing clearly differenciates us: our interdisciplinary approach. The way in which we live it is certainly a unique selling point of our firm. The partners and employees of Flick Gocke Schaumburg are about half legally and half economically trained.
Our clients’ issues are often extremely complex and not limited to individual legal or tax issues. We respond to that task with a consistently interdisciplinary approach. At our firm, lawyers, auditors and tax consultants sit at the same table. The interdisciplinary co-operation and a direct knowledge transfer are actively lived every day. In this way, we develop tailor-made and creative solutions from a single source. This interdisciplinary approach has proved particularly successful in complex restructuring tasks where corporate, accounting, tax and labour law issues are closely interlinked.
We are convinced that this interdisciplinary approach allows us to view all of our clients’ projects and transactions not only as a legal problem, but also as a commercial challenge and to work together with the client on a comprehensive solution. The interdisciplinary co-operation that is part of our daily routine teaches the lawyer to take a commercial perspective.
ALWAYS AT YOUR SERVICE – CONTACT
It is not the big that beats the little, but it is the fast that beats the slow. I am a service provider. If you need me, I am there for you – directly, quickly and without detours! Just call me or send me an e-mail.
Professor Dr. Dieter Leuering
Law firm Flick Gocke Schaumburg Partnerschaft mbB
Fritz-Schäffer-Str. 1 in 53113 Bonn
Phone: +49 228 95 94-199
(02 28) 95 94-199 (secretary)